Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 26, 2009, 11pm
















Being grateful for the little things.
I have never had 3 square meals a day at the same time every day in America. I swear I’m overfed here. But, the Japanese are right. Eating a big breakfast is the key. I told my host mom I can’t eat that much in the morning, I’m just not that hungry, so she packed me something small to take to school so I can eat it after I get to school (small sandwich, banana, yogurt). Big mistake: after eating a small breakfast for 3 days, I realized how brain dead I was once I reached school. I mean, I do bike 25 minutes everyday to get there. I told my host mom I wanted to try to eat breakfast at home the next morning before school, before my exam. I did, and felt much better. Since then, I’ll always eat the hot and delicious huge breakfast my host mom makes for me in the morning. She’s happy that I’m really becoming Japanese. Another thing I noticed about my eating habits is that now I can eat rice everyday (maybe not in the mornings, but I can definitely eat it during dinner). Tea, I drink at least 3 times a day. Is drinking tea bad for you? I must admit thought, the routine of 3 square meals a day, school, hw, afterschool activity, and study, is a little too much for me. I realize I thrive off of adventure. Adventure is out there! What’s an adventurous career path? Suggestions anyone?

7 comments:

  1. Psissss :D you are too cute

    Although excitement/thrill is fun, stability is necessary for a healthy lifestyle. I'm glad your host family is taking such good care of you! And there is NO SUCH THING as too much tea, esp green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAH
    BIGGIE
    Pretty picture with the flowers... Make it your profile. Lol you could use it as a head shot for an audition... :)
    I know what you mean about TOO much rigid scheduling. I can't STAND doing the same thing day in, day out. Where's the impulsive fun? The adventure?
    I bet you'll get lots of that at the end of the program though...
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though if you drank 11 cups of tea a day, you might get kidney stones, I don't think you're in danger of that yet. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kidney stones?! OMG! now im scared. My host gma said too much soy sauce (salt) and my fingers and toes will hurt for a long time, unless you change your diet. So many things I have to be careful of. What's next? The cute kitty cats with short bobby tails that walk along the side walks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I realize I thrive off of adventure. Adventure is out there! What’s an adventurous career path? Suggestions anyone?

    You'd make a great chef, or baker. Shoot, i can imagine you owning your own little tea place. U make the tea, i make the food. LOL.

    well, since we last spoke u wanted to be a dentist? im all for it, free teeth whitening, free check ups. :) Honestly, maybe you should just let it come to you? and not worry about it for the time being. Just experience Japan and japan only. Dont worry about anything but whats in front of you? I still haven't decided a career path, lol....

    by the way, I quit smoking, 3 weeks clean. :)


    Jelo.

    Miss you. I like your picture with the cow, family member? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sushi looks soooooo delicious!! HOw does it taste? fresh from the sea? arhh, Im jealous. Japan in the winter is looking good, hopefully i can figure out the finances. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taste amazing. Better than American sushi!

    ReplyDelete