Friday, July 31, 2009

July 26, 2009, General and SQUID Cooking





































July 26, 2009

I write on the weekends now. In my free time at night; never during the day. Maybe it’s better that way because I feel like I am a different person at night. During the day I am stressed as millions of ideas interest and bump into each other in my head. Everything from what shall I talk about next with my host family, to what will I do once I graduate from college (the latter can give me such an intense fright, that most of the time I ignore the possibilities, but it always remains as a dull throbbing pain in the back of my head). At night, my mind winds down as I focus on one thing: the immediate future. A scary thought, but at the same time, plans are coming together and I am excited. I can’t wait to farm, and then see my grandmother’s family.

Right now I can hear the rain hitting the roof of this house, and it sounds wonderful. My roof must be thin and made of some type of metal, because each drop echoes its voice as it falls and strikes. The song of the rain: probably the most soothing sound in this country. Although I hate it when it rains, because shows get cancelled (the outdoor historical play at Goryokaku park got cancelled today), I love to hear it before I sleep.
Attached are pictures of my squid cooking class.

1 comment:

  1. bandana pic so cute!
    HAH! You DON"T look like caca in green :P
    You're wearing all green in that pic. Reminds me of a turtle. OH did I mention?
    MY LITTLE SISTER GOT A TURTLE JUST LIKE YOURS!!!
    So cute :)

    You're going to go see your grandmother's family? That should be so wonderful... ^-^
    Have fun!

    again. Your poetry makes me feel warm inside. And staves off my cramps, weirdly enough. I should ask you to write me a book of poetry for me to read when I'm in pain.

    ReplyDelete